Who we are...
- MOC is a Private, Non-Profit Organization.
- 501 (c) (3) IRS Tax Status
- Community Based
- Vocational Rehabilitation Training Center
- Individualized Employment/Service Plan
- Assist them in job placement, support, job retention, etc...monitoring, coaching.
- Intended to be short-term placement or as long as it takes client to be job ready.
- Special minimum wage certification.
- Target population: Person with a disability and disadvantaged residents of Molokai.
- Local leaders identified a gap in services for the disabled population, so they began searching for programs that would address that need.
- Operated in the 1970s as a satellite program of Ka Lima O Maui. After 20 years, the program parted way and MOC incorporated on its own.
- On May 11, 1990, the program incorporated as a non-profit vocational rehabilitation center under the name Hano No Molokai.
- On March 25, 1991, the organization amended its articles of incorporation and changed its name to Molokai Occupational Center.
- On or about 2006, the organization contracted with the Department of Health, DD Division to provide Home Community Based Services, aka Personal Rehabilitation or PAB Service.
- In October 2012, the organization amended its mission statement to broaden its scope of service.